Etched nameplates offer a more durable option to surface printing or even anodised text. Chemically etched nameplates offer a permanent marking solution for your products. We offer etched nameplates in a range of different metals to suit your particular application.
- 304 / 316 stainless steel and brass
- A choice of finishes
- Etch only or etch & colour infilled text & logos
- Fixing holes or self-adhesive
Do you need durable, etched metal nameplates?
We’re keen to assist with your labelling requirement so please either complete the form below or email us with your enquiry and we’ll reply with a quotation.
Ideally please confirm the quantity required, size, colours and the application of the label. However if you’re uncertain of the exact details then please give as much detail as you can and we’d be happy to advise on the best option accordingly.
Etched nameplates are recommended for applications where the environment is particularly harsh such as off shore oil rigs, heavy engineering and the food processing industry.
The etched detail is achieved by silkscreen printing a chemical resistant coating onto the areas which are not to be etched. The sheets are then put through the etching machine which contains a mixture of Ferric Chloride and Hydrochloric Acid with water and the areas not covered by the resist are etched away to a maximum depth of 0.08mm. The sheet is rinsed with water and the resistant layer cleaned off. The etched nameplate detail can then be either left natural or paint infilled with a stove enamel paint and baked at high temperature.
For etched nameplates with multi coloured infill requirements this process is repeated for etch colour and it is worth noting that a minimum gap of 1mm would be required between the colours.
Etched Nameplates with a Variety of Customisable Features:
- Various thicknesses of both brass and stainless steel are available from 0.5mm to 2mm and we offer polished brass or polished, satin and brushed stainless steel finishes.
- If required for outdoor applications etched brass nameplates can be over lacquered for added protection against the elements whereas the stainless steel needs no further treatment.
- The etched nameplates are supplied cut to size with either fixing holes or a permanent self-adhesive tape to suit your particular application.
- Should unique identification details be required, we can achieve this by laser marking or dot-peen marking each one of the finished etched nameplates with sequential numbers.
Etched Stainless Steel Nameplates: A Popular Choice
Here at GSM Graphic Arts, we have found that etched stainless steel nameplates are a popular choice amongst our clients who need durable metal nameplates with high quality labelling and signage.